Thursday, January 20, 2011

Goal for the Night

My goal tonight is to get at least five pages of writing done. Currently I'm working on a story I just recently started that is yet to receive a title (like many of my works). I feel like this story might actually make it a little ways before I inevitably become side tracked by either boredom or another idea. At this time, I do not wish to discuss the style or content of this story as it is still very much in development. Though I do feel like I have more than just a beginning planned out already, which is better than most of my many, many stories.

Here's a list of the various works that I have in progress:

  • 'Story' (Novel)
    • No title so I just call it 'Story'.
    • Began writing it in high school but got upset with the terrible quality of writing and a few of the ideas that I had put into it. Only one person has ever read any of it.
  • 'Freshman Hell Week' (Novel)
    • Also started in high school. 
    • Stopped writing due to a restructuring of the style that left me tired and confused.
  • 'Malcolm Locksley' (Novel)
    • Out of work, alcoholic realizes he is capable of helping people in the world.
    • Began writing in college.
    • Got bored.
  • 'I Guess That's Life' (Novel)
    • Began writing in college.
    • Stopped writing because it was mostly a way to work out some petty frustrations within myself.
  • 'Photo Shoot' (Novel)
    • Started in college.
    • Story about a serial killer.
    • I liked this one because of the angle I was writing it from. The killer had already been caught and was using a writer of his choice to tell the world his story.
  • 'Untitled Robin Hood Idea' (Novel)
    • Started recently.
    • A post-apocalyptic angle on the original tale.
  • 'Untitled Ben and James Movie Idea' (Screenplay)
    • Something that originated as an idea for a comic book.
    • I've kind of hit a road block in terms of where to go next, I just need to get what I have to Ben so he can give me a little help.
    • The most I have written for any of my screenplays.
  • 'Untitled Movie Idea' (Screenplay)
    • Based off an album by one of my favorite musicians.
    • Began writing at an airport bar while listening to the album.
    • Stopped due to the possibility of being in violation of copyright.
  • 'Untitled Movie Idea' (Screenplay)
    • A random idea I came up with in college.
    • Never really made much headway on this one.
    • Was only going to be about an hour long.
  • 'Untitled Movie Idea' (Screenplay)
    • Based off a single song.
    • Stopped due to the possibility of being in violation of copyright.
I won't even begin to list the poetry I have written. But this should give you an idea of how many ideas I have roaming my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment